Friday, June 17, 2011

She Believes In Me

I always see her walking hastily going to school carrying her books and wearing her thick glasses. There's nothing unusual with this school girl. She's like others who take their studies seriously with hope of being one of the top achievers in their classrooms. She perform well in all her subjects in-fact I often heard her name being recognized by school principal whenever important events or contest was held. And I took much pride being a part off this child's achievements. But unlike those girls I haven't seen her having companion or someone t talk to.

I can recall that special day. It was a cold December morn. I saw that she was bullied by these big guys. They kept on pushing and teasing her in hope that she will burst into anger. From where I stand I can hear their voices Shouting “Rhina The loner.”She then fell to the ground while she kept on avoiding them. But nothing came out of her out. One of the boys yelled “There no one who want to be your friend every dislikes you”. With soiled clothes she got up and mange to smile . Then with hesitation she said. “Your wrong.” I had someone whom I can call my friend. She always there for me, she accepts me because she believes in me. I go in where the fight is but I could not came nearer because many children gathered around. Them. The other guy ask “Then tell me who in this school want to have you? She paused for a while and with her tears flowing she raised her hand and pointed her finger on me. I approach her and wipe her tears while saying “That everything is going to be alright.”

While I was finishing my class Records I was very happy to recall how a growth up like me had established friendship to a young girl. This made me realize that friendship is not limited by age. Instead it is a matter of accepting someone for who she really is.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment